Thread: Kitsumura, a village in Kaidan

Default Kitsumura, a village in Kaidan

Kitsumura is a hengeyokai village needed for the second adventure of my Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting publication for Pathfinder RPG. The adventure is called, The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit.

This map uses my hand-drawn style given soft colors using Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0. This is the same style used in my March 2010 Map Challenge Entry: Snow Country.

While the March Challenge features a winter styled village, Kitsumura needs a summer season. Kitsumura is located in the mountainous interior of the Island of Yonshu, hidden away from imperial and provincial authorities, as a kind of barbarian village. Hengeyokai are animal barbarian shape-changers, of which there are several types, though Kitsumura features - kitsune (fox), musashi (badger), and tanuki (raccoon dog).

The village has what is typically found in any rural Japanese village.

I created this first having created roofs in 3D and used as a reference to hand-draw at 24 x 36, then scanned into Photoshop, imported to Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0 where all the colors, shadows, bevel effects were applied.

Kitsumura is a key rest area between action for the PCs in The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit adventure module. This module should be published sometime in May 2010.

Here's a link to the WIP Forum thread for Kitsumura:
    Kitsumura - a village in Kaidan

I had lots of fun creating this, especially the cool stream and waterfall. This map is my second true Isometric map (the challenge map this month was my first.)

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitsumura-final..jpg 
Views:	1060 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	22780  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-11-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Amazing job, as usual

My only complaint would be the bottom of the forest above the river; it seems too blunt of a transition.

Nice work, again...