Thread: alternate encounter room from Thunderspire Labyrinth (warning spoiler!)

Map alternate encounter room from Thunderspire Labyrinth (warning spoiler!)

I needed an alternate location for the interlude in Thunderspire where the tieflings "ambush" the player characters with a Bronze Warder. I didn't like that there were no other exits, and I couldn't imagine that the PC's wouldn't see the Bronze Warder behind the boulder. So I put statues (figures) around the outside of the room, but one animated when the players came in. The tieflings were up on the balcony. The railing provided cover. The rubble on the right was climbable. It went pretty well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiefling Ambush..jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	682.0 KB 
ID:	22812

Map was done with GIMP per torstan's excellent tutorial. Floor is a texture, balcony floor is just difference clouds. Rubble, columns, boulders and stairs are all from CSUAC.

.TM7
    Currently using Photoshop CS3, GIMP, MapTool, and planning to try Inkscape, Illustrator and Wilbur "real soon now."
    Running and playing as much 4e as I can.
    All work I post here and refer to as "mine" can be used under this Creative Commons license

Guild Journeyer

The rubble seems a bit angular and clipped along the edges but nice job.

Its in an unblurred mask layer. I was in a hurry, since GIMP crashed with rev. 1 the night before and I needed it for a game session. I should fix that.

.TM7
    Currently using Photoshop CS3, GIMP, MapTool, and planning to try Inkscape, Illustrator and Wilbur "real soon now."
    Running and playing as much 4e as I can.
    All work I post here and refer to as "mine" can be used under this Creative Commons license