Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Double Empire

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Ein Landsmann aus Österreich! Fein! In der Tat, am Übergang muss noch gearbeitet werden.

I agree, the transition between flat land and mountains has to be improved.

Ich kan nicht, Deutsch zu sprochen. Ich kan jedoch manchmal lessen verstehen vom schullernen.

Hey don't laugh.

I personally would like to see more variation in the mountain style at this stage. Really like your choice of colour.
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 05-04-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    Ich kan nicht, Deutsch zu sprochen. Ich kan jedoch manchmal lessen verstehen vom schullernen.

Hey don't laugh.
    Try not to laugh... fails

Wow. Die Österreicherdichte hier ist wirklich gewaltig. Bin selbst aus Wien.

And for the map: It's very promising. The rougher land beside the mountains would be an improvement.
    I personally think the white lines are ok with the oceans but you should clip them away in the rivers.
    Avatar by courtesy of Castaras from the GiantitP-Forums

Blog Entries

I'm not laughing! It's quite the different reaction: I'm astonished every single time I find someone able to speak/read German and if it's just a bit. I'd never go to Australia expecting someone to understand my gibberish. Furthermore, it would be a bad reputation for me to laugh at your sentences while asking you to excuse my bad English, wouldn't it? : )

What I understood was: "I can not speak German but sometimes I'm able to understand what I read because I've learned it in school." Right?

Antheon
    wondering if it's now Avals part to laugh at him

EDIT @ Zar Peter:
    Noch ein Österreicher? Wenn wir noch zwei finden, können wir hier ja einen Antrag stellen, als Minderheit anerkannt zu werden. *lacht*
    Wo genau aus Wien? Ich hab früher selbst mal dort gewohnt, im dreizehnten, und bin fast jedes Jahr auf Besuch dort. : )
    Last edited by Antheon; 05-04-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: expressing my surprise - three Austrians gathered! : O
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

@Antheon Yes that is what I meant. I must have been fairly close if you could understand.

Meine schule war mienem vater sher teuer, so werde ich versuchen, dafür nicht nutzlos zu sein. German and French were compulsory subjects.
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 05-04-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

3. Bezirk. Hab auch 3 Jahre in Salzburg gelebt, bin dann aber wieder zuzück gezogen.

And sometimes I laugh at my english, too. No offence meant, Aval, I think German is one of the hardest to learn languages (I'm sure the wording is wrong) and I'm very, very happy that I don't have to learn it as second language.
    Avatar by courtesy of Castaras from the GiantitP-Forums

Wip

It seems we have some members who could understand the few German maps I've made.

Well, next update. I think this map is nearly finished. Comments? Ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Double Empire WIP.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	24452  

Blog Entries

Ah, the transition is a lot better now! I have just one thing that I would change and that's exactly what Zar Peter has mentioned already: The raster lines shouldn't be visible inside lakes and rivers, should they? Apart from that, I can not find anything that needs to be improved. Good job! : )

Aval:
    That sounds great! Wished my father would've done the same thing. : )
    Ah, tu peux parler français aussi? Je l'ai appris en classe.
    But I have to admit that I've forgotten almost everything. I just remember the basics but back then I could speak it fluently until I quitted being a barkeeper. *laughs*

Zar Peter:
    Im dritten also. Hätte nicht erwartet mit meinem Kommentar so viel anzulocken. : )
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'd agree with Antheon about the gridlines in the rivers, other than that it looks fantastic!

The critics on the lines in the rivers have some point. I think I will remove the parts crossing rivers and lakes.
    Last edited by Sapiento; 05-05-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast