Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Untitled Continent Map

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That's very nice. I liked the first one too, but this one is far superior. One thing - do the different colors just represent different general terrain areas, or are the darker greens actual forests? If they are forests, you might try adding some kind of vegetation patterning to make it more obvious. Anyway, it's awesome and the end product will I'm sure be fantastic. Have some rep.
    The colour gradients are meant as representations of the climate - so greens are grasses, yellowish colours plains, browns and oranges are deserts, white is ice, and the greyish greens are tundra.

I'm trying to capture most climate types in one continent for variety, while still keeping it as plausible as I can.

By the climate range, I figure this is about 5,600 km north to south? The parallels might run at about a 30º angle to horizontal. The shape makes me think of a petite North America. Cape Cod looks a bit big and the Caribbean seems to be on the wrong side and seems to have acquired a bit of a Mediterranean Complex . I like it!

I'll try to reputate you.

Looking very nice. I really like the flow of the continent and it's little islands, they look quite natural (moreso than mine, at least). The variation of climates looks pretty good too, although, like Diamond, I think the forests could be a bit better-signified. I also found one of the textures to be a bit too obvious... I believe it's for the mountains. I can see the edges of the pattern at the north and south ends of that big western Caribbean-looking shape. Anyway, This seems to be coming along nicely, and don't worry too much about signifying names nad towns and such, as you could follow a less traditional style like Tom Cardin's Voradin (LINK: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=7712)
    I'm new here. Don't kill me, please!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12