Thread: Anneira Revisited

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wip Anneira Revisited

I was getting frustrated with the way my Savage Lands and 4000AD maps were progressing (or weren't progressing), so I decided to redesign a map I did a couple months ago. I have some story ideas percolating for this setting, but they necessitated a change in some of the geography. (Plus, let's face it, it was an excuse to start yet another map. )

This map draws heavily (in its setup anyway) from Ascension's antique maps tut, and I'm also going to be using Arcana's nifty tapered rivers tut. For the mountains, I want to do some kind of semi-grayscale pseudo-topographical look, but I'm still experimenting on how to get the look I want. Ideally I'd like to achieve a look like the mountains on a2area's fantastic maps, but without going through all the terrain generating programs. So some experimentation will be forthcoming.

Here's the first few 'chapters'; continental outline and woodcut done, and some rough layouts for mountain placement. I may lighten the woodcut later on, but I kind of like the boldness of it right now. I guess it'll depend on how the text looks on top of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anneira1a..jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	22902  
    Last edited by Diamond; 03-15-2010 at 02:51 AM.