Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Advice on a Logo?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's a very useful 2p. I'd already thought about the radio connection but not fractal mapper. Good point about the colour choices too. Hmmm. Will crack on with some more thoughts this afternoon. Cheers.

Hey Redrobes, there is nothing like the voice of experience so don't sell yourself short there. I enjoyed your post and it gave me food for thought as well. Not that I am currently pushing anything but at some point I just might be.

Right now it's all about Torstan's logo but all of us are absorbing this as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you don't "generate" a logo - a logo is a reflection of the company behind it, and thus must show what values the company has, what the company does and so forth, it is also the basis for the design line there after, modelling stationary, webpage etc from the logo. So you can't just have a machine make you a logo unless it means nothing to you. If you wan't a logo and don't want to pay for it - make one yourself - surf around be inspired (only inspired though ) and then build your own to suit your needs
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That was spam, Tilt. Anytime, well most of the time, that you see a signature with links in it to stuff that isn't map related then it is spam. Also the text doesn't make sense.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thought it sounded stupid - but then again... I didn't see a link to strange places and I'm guessing, since I'm not administrating - didn't even think of it being spam, I get some of it on my own forum and on my blogs but its mostly very easy too see as its long text describing world of warcraft gold mining or totally random letters *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

We get a lot of spam on this site except that its flagged and fragged in no time (esp if Gandwarf is online). It is usually easy to spot but what has been happening is that text from other forums get reposted so its often semantically correct but has no relevance. Sometimes, in the fringe cases, I post to elicit more info and if none is forthcoming then we can assume that it was spam. Often they dont have a sig set up until they have several posts instilled into the forum then they change it which acts globally. So if you see posts along any of these lines then hit the 'Report Post' triangle under our avatars and it gets a lookie by the CLs.

Tip to real mapper forum newbies posting for the first time. Don't have a sig with links in it to totally irrelevant stuff and until your a slightly trusted member, reply to posts with at least some relevance to the context of the topic or prepare to run the gauntlet with the ban hammer !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234