Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zornas

Blog Entries

Nice map, RobA. The area in the south is superb. I have to say I don't like your new forests though. I prefer the original style as they fit the rest of the map more. The rest of the map is lovely and hand-drawn but those trees look too digitial. Maybe it's the soft shading you have on them. They would look a lot better if they had scratchy shading like the rest of the map. Still not sure I'd like them more than the original style though.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Great map! I really like the southern end, that canyon with the river through it is just excellent and those mountains are fantastic. For some reason though it looks to me like the 3/4 effect is lost as you approach the northern half of the map. I think if you could update the lake and river to have more of a 3/4 view it would be perfect.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Nice map, RobA. The area in the south is superb. I have to say I don't like your new forests though. I prefer the original style as they fit the rest of the map more. The rest of the map is lovely and hand-drawn but those trees look too digitial. Maybe it's the soft shading you have on them. They would look a lot better if they had scratchy shading like the rest of the map. Still not sure I'd like them more than the original style though.
    I had the initial style of forests, as I liked it better, myself. And it is scratchy shading... it just doesn;t seem to come across as well.

-Rob A>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123