Thread: Fractal Terrains Pro Help

Hamilton, NewZealand (just down from Hobbiton)

Default Fractal Terrains Pro Help

Hi Everyone, It's been ages since I've been free to log on. I have a question and I hope someone here can help out. I've been playing with FT Pro for a while now, but I made the mistake of creating a world from scratch using the "Flat world" option from the world creation options. After adding all the normal details (mountains, lakes, etc...) I realized that with no fractal noise to the terrain roughness and so the land and shore lines are very dull and smooth.

I tried adding noise after the fact through the Select --> Global noise --> Land roughness option and used many different settings but I can't seem to get that nice freshly created world terrain feel. If anyone has some expertise with FT pro and have give some advice it would be most appreciatied.

Thanks

Use Land roughness to set the basic fractal terrain value (I recommend starting at 0.5 or less). Because the fractal function won't match your desired world pattern, use the Prescale offset paiting tool (a value of 0.01 or so is good to start) to raise things up to where you'd like them to be. You can activate the prescale offset editing tool via Map>>World Settings, on the Editing page.