Thread: Hello from Belgium

Default Hello from Belgium

Greetings to all. I'm 46 y old wargamer from the Brussels area. Always had a huge interets in fantasy and sci-fi gaming. I'm currently designing a fantasy game and learning Xara to create maps and counters, that's how I landed here. Great site, lots of ideas. Cheers.
    Karoly.
    Last edited by Karoly; 03-20-2010 at 10:45 AM.

I have a few Xara Xtreme tutorials in the Tutorial Forums - I hope they help. If you have any questions or interested in new techniques, just post your questions and I'll do my best to answer. I am the Xara guru of the forum.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks everybody. I had a look at one of the xara tutorials and it was very helpfull. Some of the maps I saw here are just amazing, whatever the software used. Certainly I will have quite some questions in the future ;-)

By the way, is there any existing folder for Xara use & tips ? Better post there than pollute other folders with technical stuff... :-p
    Last edited by Karoly; 03-20-2010 at 10:44 AM.

No. The software forum will suffice for any technical questions, no matter the software. Tutorials in the tutorials forums, etc. When I say I'm the Xara guru, what I mean to say, is the I'm pretty much the only user of Xara here. Many use Photoshop or The GIMP, some use Profantasy Campaign Cartographer family of apps, etc. I do mostly hand-drawn work these days, but I scan them into Photoshop, the save and import to Xara.

Its not that there's anything negative with using Xara, its either one of three things... most have never heard of Xara Xtreme, most have an existing software to work with, or don't want to pay for software and are using the GIMP or Inkscape which are Open source software.

Click on the badges below my name - links to map challenges I've won using Xara software. Really any map with my name on it was created in Xara, so go exploring.

Enjoy!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

welcome aboard

en veel plezier