This is something I've been drawing, redrawing and fiddling with for ages. It's the map for my new campaign, set to begin in two weeks, and until now I've never quite gotten it how I wanted it, hence my not showing it.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Valadhon:

Valadhon is the southern-most frontier of the mighty Empire, a state that stretches across half of the known world and ruled by a dynasty that has literally birthed a god.
The province itself is a wild and rugged backwater. Even with it's heritage rooted firmly in the ancient civilization of the Elvenfolk, most Imperial citizens that even care about such a place consider it an uncultured, dangerous
place good only for it's natural resources and easy trade with the Southern kingdom of Suljuk.
Separated from the Empire proper by the notorious Sea of Grass and the Drakken Waste, what population centers there are to find in Valadhon are huddled behind high walls and Imperial soldiers, sheltered from the monster-ridden
wilds just off the beaten track.
In the imposing Blackhammer Mountains, the Dwarven families stand a stubborn watch against the things that lurk below the world and at the very highest peak lies an ancient, slumbering menace: Lorinax, the last living Dragon on the face of the world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ValadhonAlt13.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	88980