Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartographer needed to map dangerous and unexplored region, some risk involved!

Map Cartographer needed to map dangerous and unexplored region, some risk involved!

Cartographer needed to map dangerous and unexplored region, some risk involved!

Commission:

* You could easily make $50 to $100 per piece depending on quality of work. Final pay DOE & quality of outcome. Looking for professional results. Willing to pay more for exceptional quality!!! Lets negotiate shall we;

Please email info (at) Savage Sorcery (dot) com to discuss project.

Time Constraints

* No real time constraints on this provided its moving along, I have a few pieces I need done in a certain order and would love to wrap it all up a.s.a.p. but this is negotiable.

Style

* I am looking for a map professionally rendered, actual style & software used will be up to the artist.
    * These will be regional overland "world" maps, no dungeons, buildings, or towns.
    * Style I'm really looking for -

* Ideas of mapping styles I would consider - Nagalands, Raider Camp, Sacred Space,

Description of Map

* Northern expanse world view map to follow a trade route from western port city along the southern edge of a mountain chain to a valley & mountain top citadel.

* The scale of the map will cover approx. 1200 sq. miles (that's roughly the country of Luxembourg) with a maximum North-South extension of 15 miles and 75 miles East-West.

Quality & Size

* Professional
    * Required for print & web
    * Dimensions of map:roughly 16 inches by 11 inches for print & a resolution of 300dpi preferred.

Copyright

* I will have the right to use and distribute the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Thank you for your time...
    Last edited by Dra8er; 03-20-2010 at 12:52 PM.

I'm interested, though I offer lots of different styles of maps from mostly hand-drawn to completely digital. Check out my Challenge winning maps - see the "buttons" or compass roses under my name - click on any of them, though some are encounter scale maps, instead of regionals. I think my hand-drawn style would compliment that city map you have there.

While I am currently working on other map commissions, as well as my own published setting, I still have time to take on other commissions.

Here's a link to my portfolio, though any map made last year isn't in that portfolio yet...
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com/portfolio/portfolio.html

Let me know what you think, I am interested (I will send you an Email...)

GP

PS: I run a digital print shop, so I can certainly make maps for any print resolution you need.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

lol, I was actually looking your work over earlier today as I googled "fantasy Maps" looking to find someone to commission. Excellent, yes drop me an email (If you haven't already) and I'll send off the details, as I've stated, I have a few projects coming down the pipes, but only want to do them one at a time.

Cheers & well met friend...

Dra8er: E-mail sent. Please confirm you've recieved it. Cheers!

I have received your email & replied, Thanks for the interest!

You have received my Email, have you not?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Yes I believe so, did I not reply?

Pardon, it looked like an autoresponder - just making sure, you received it in live form.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Just so you know, the raider camp "looks" very much like Mike Schley's work. He is a member here, so you might also consider sending him a PM as well as checking the other posts he has created.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast