Thread: Mapping a forest.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mapping a forest.

Arghh.

My Darling players have decided that they need more gold and equipment before taking on the adventures I had planned.

One of the characters died last week, she was replaced by a wild elf ranger with a background in magical heb lore. So now the whole party is off in search of rare and valuable herbs.

The place they are headed is a 500 mile thus-far-uncharted forest. I have made an attempt at mapping a small section. The whole place is trees so I figure there is no point in a whole bunch of forest symbols. I have included contour lines and a river as well as colour representation of moderate and dense forest, plus some forest trails. The triangles represent areas where enchanted herbs may be found. The coloured tree symbols are areas dreamvines, hangman trees, hookwood trees and carnivorous bloodbloom trees.

I will throw in some ruins and sinkholes to cave areas at some stage too, so I can have some more controlled scenarios in coming weeks. But for now I am stuck with trying to map miles of forest.

If anyone has a better or more interesting way to deal with this; let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deepwod 1a.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	23096