Thread: Ruined Temple WIP

Wip Ruined Temple WIP

Here is a dungeon I am working on for my campaign. I haven't quite got the back story for it worked out yet, but that is coming along As the title suggests, it will be a ruined temple of some sort. I plan this on being 3 floors, plus a natural cave part to it. So far, I have the layouts for floors 1 and 2 done. (Though they aren't yet ruined lol) I will be working on 3 and the natural cave today if I can get a few other things done.

Using graph paper and pencil (let me know if the images aren't clear enough) and hopefully I will be able to turn this all into dungeon tiles at some point or another. I still need to flesh out details, but I will update as I go along.

There are quite a few cramped spaces and skinny halls. I hope this makes it somewhat challenging for my players, but I may change that some time along the way. I am not too sure yet.

*EDIT*

I should also add...

Floor 1
    1) Altar
    2) Dining Hall
    3) Lesser Summoning Area
    4) Storage
    5) Secret Study
    6) Kitchen
    7) Dormitories

Floor 2
    1) Library
    2) Greater Summoning Area
    3) Study Hall
    4) Secret Lab
    5) Secret Office
    6) Priests Quarters
    7) High Priests Quarters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TempleRuin_1F.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	20264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TempleRuin_2F.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	20265  
    Last edited by JDCt; 01-13-2010 at 01:36 PM.

For some reason I always love the pencil look.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks pretty good so far.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

So this map has been put on hold for a while, but I am starting into it again. I will be furnishing this map as time goes and as I make more objects. This is going to be extremely detailed as I am creating it to scale for battles at 300dpi so that I can eventually get it printed and use it for my campaign. I am feeling a bit tired but I may start to make the second floor to this point as well. I hope to get your opinions as I progress through this. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I can get this set of maps done.

*edit*

Added in the second floor map
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	22341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	22342  
    Last edited by JDCt; 02-22-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Professional Artist

Looks awesome! I always begin my dungeons with a pencil and sketch draft and then convert it into CGI. Your maps are great.. I'd love to hear some more background on them.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Other than the 'repeating tile', it looks really nice so far. The Dundjinni user forums have oodles of tile sets you may want to look into.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the comments! I will be using these maps in my D&D campaign, so there will be background on them when that portion of my campaign comes about. As for the tile sets, I appriciate you pointing me to the user forums. It's something I may look into for inspiration, as right now, I am currently creating a libray of custom assets for map making, and as part of a class project for my degree. Hopefully I will be able to create enough to make these maps look lived in and diverse.