Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forcing myself to do something

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Here's something else that I just started diddling up in order to make myself do something. Needs labels and graphics still.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 lands..jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	23282  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it, but I think the town/city/etc. icons may be a bit 'cartoony' for the map.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Here's something else that I just started diddling up in order to make myself do something. Needs labels and graphics still.
    The envy... ah, it burns!

I kinda like those city icons, but it seems like there's too many of them. Once you label everything, all that gorgeous terrain is going to be hidden.

I was thinking the same thing...on both accounts.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I like it, but I think the town/city/etc. icons may be a bit 'cartoony' for the map.
    agree with the general, the icons don't really fit the landmass ... and yep, there are a lot of them
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I am not sure if the icons themselves are cartoony... Maybe it is just the contrast of color with the map itself... I was experimenting with my icons and found that using layer blending options like Overlay, and Soft-Light can really help "blend" icons with this sort of map. Maybe I am crazy, but it might be worth a try.

I just got fixated on making icons and didn't care if they fit this map or not cuz I'll use em on another map. I haven't done much to make them fit or try other things because I'm putting the finishing touches on a new tutorial. When that's done I have some real work to finish for money and then I'll get back on this.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't get me wrong I like the icons, they would fit a computergame nicely and they easily convey the sizes of the cities etc.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123