Thread: Professional Maps for a Fantasy Adventure

Question Professional Maps for a Fantasy Adventure

Hi there!

I am the art-buyer of a german publisher. Located in Duesseldorf, we have already published books for Rolemaster, Traveller or Heredium - from SciFi, Dark Future to Fantasy. To learn more about us, please visit our webpage www.13mann.de

My job is to look for artists helping us to illustrate the books. Now I am in need of map-creators. One of my actual projects is an Adventure for Rolemaster (Fantasy). Therefore I need some maps, smaller ones and a hugh one. Two maps should show a dungeon (one is very small, just two rooms) and two should illustrate the land in overview (one small, one big). In total we have four maps.

The quality must be highly professional and I need the work in CYMK, 300dpi. But the Adventure is printed black & white inside - so maybe we can agree on greyscaled map. Two maps should be about half DIN A4 (that`s 148 × 210mm), one is smaller (two rooms) and one is the largest at 210 × 297mm. Indeed it is more comfortable for us if you make it bigger.

We have concept maps or detailed descriptions.

Style could be "handcrafted" or "detailed" - done digital or classic.

The finished map is needed by end of April, earlier finish is appreciated.

Maybe a good cooperation will be established and further jobs will raise up later on. More Adventures and books are already in production.

Payment via PayPal is possible. The price has to be agreed on a personal way. We should discuss this by E-Mail.

Some words about the rights: We need the exclusive and complete rights! But you will be allowed to show the map in your portfolio (also on the web), if you place a mark a note of the copyright on it.

So - I hope that I have posted in the right way ;-)

Further steps could be:
    Please show me some samples of your work.
    We talk about price.
    We talk about details on the map.
    We agree on the job.

At least my E-Mail-adress: witzmann /at\ 13mann.de

Many greets from Germany!
    All the best
    Sebastian

Hello Sebastian, this sounds like a very interesting project! I didn't do any commissioned maps yet so for me this would be a great opportunity. I'm not sure if my work has the professional-quality you require but you can look at deviant art (link below) to check for yourself. If the style you're aiming at doesn't match any of my work maybe you can point out some references so I (and other members) can see if I could create a map in that style. cheers!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'll throw my proverbial hat in the ring as well. Check the links in my signature below.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I've already sent you Email, regarding my interest. I could send a link to my more recent maps, as they are not yet in my portfolio.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

@Djekspek: Thanks for your fast reply! Please drop me an email. And we talk about this more in detail.

Many thanks to all!
    I think I will find an agreement within this day with one of this community.

This thread can be closed.

Nevertheless you can send me an email if you are an artist: I m always looking for people helping me to illustrate books and so on. Maybe we can work together on a future project.

Once again: Thanks!