Thread: Experiment

Post Experiment

So I was messing around with geocontrol, I have to thank Pasis, for the reminder on how great a program it is, but well this is my first go at it, and I don't really know how to make a "city" worth while still messing around but this is the basic of if, any help, idea, comments are welcome! Also I don't think the scale is right at all...

p.s. Mountains by Geocontrol, all the rest done by Photoshop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Experiment..jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	372.0 KB 
ID:	23164  
    Last edited by Yandor; 03-23-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

So I messed around a little bit more, used Ascension's Forest, and a little of his roads on his Town Tutorial, but still working around different ideas, But any comments would be grand!

Name:	Experiment2..jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	682.8 KB 
ID:	23169  
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

I like this a whole bunch. The mountains look stellar, but I think the woods could be done a bit differently. The thick black outline doesn't really fit with the overall look. Try removing it and maybe put a drop-shadow on the forest, to give it some perspective. Then it'd really fit in nicely, in my opinion.

Thanks for the input, I kind of wanted to wrap it up, so I put a few finishing touches on it, did a little tweak to the tree (I like the trees, but I think I may want to do another style... I'll play with it another time) but I think I'll call it done, and start on a larger town...

Name:	Experiment3..jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	687.1 KB 
ID:	23175  
    Last edited by Yandor; 03-23-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Projects

I think it looks nice, you get a great idea of the general area. The coat of arms looks nice too (I love a bit of heraldry on maps!). I think the text might be better with a more neutral white glow rather than yellow though but that's just my preference. Also border! I think many maps would benefit from a border even if it's only a simple 2-3px two-colour affair.

Still just minor things and again, personal preference. Great map.

I agree that the mountains look great. Almost look like photographs.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Hey looking good, the mountains are great and the insignia is even better, make smy attempts at insignias look like crap. Repped.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Hey Thanks everyone! Hopefully I can get this into a larger scale map, well this style atleast! haha got to remember how I pulled it off! But hopefully like most things I do, I can replicate it just fine.
    Projects