Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi!

Default Hi!

I'm new to the guild after lurking around for some days. I'm glad I did sign up.

I'm from Mexico City, and an amateur novelist. I decided to enter the world of "map making" to help me to locate places, cities and many other things for the stories I'm currently writting.

English is not my mother language. If I make mistakes please let me know, so I can improve (I work as a specialized translator, so I really appreciate the help).

I really look forward to learn from all of you and make decent maps soon.

It's great to see another lurker come out of the shadows. So what is your latest novel about?
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    It's great to see another lurker come out of the shadows. So what is your latest novel about?
    It's about a dragon kid who is looking for his parents and a place he can call "home"... With a lot of twists of course.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Larthis View Post
    It's about a dragon kid who is looking for his parents and a place he can call "home"... With a lot of twists of course.
    Cool. Maybe, when you are ready, you could post a link to a chapter or two on your profile page.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Blog Entries

Hi and welcome.

Theres a link somewhere about in the menus and on my signature for the 'member locations'. You can put a pin in the map for Mexico City as I believe you would be the first from there though I think we have a pin in Mexico somewhere in the country already.

Welcome to the Guild. Your English beats my Spanish; which, beyond reciting Los Tres Osos, consists mainly of speaking more loudly and pointing a lot. Looking forward to hearing more about your novel. Is it in English or Spanish? I bought El Senor De Los Anillos in the hopes of learning Spanish by reading...yeah, that was ambitious.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Welcome to the Guild. Your English beats my Spanish; which, beyond reciting Los Tres Osos, consists mainly of speaking more loudly and pointing a lot. Looking forward to hearing more about your novel. Is it in English or Spanish? I bought El Senor De Los Anillos in the hopes of learning Spanish by reading...yeah, that was ambitious.
    M
    It's a complicated novel to start reading in Spanish.

I have been studying English for a LOT of time (around 25 years) and still I feel I need to learn more.

My novels are in Spanish for now, but somehow I feel I won't be able to publish them here in Mexico, so maybe I will translate them to English and try my luck in the US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast