Thread: Elven Castletown on waterfalls....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Elven Castletown on waterfalls....

Since both my March challenge entry and my Kitsumura village, both done in Isometric style turned out so well, I thought I'd experiment creating an elven castletown built right onto a set of cascading falls - kind of Rivendell-ish. Then I might follow with several top-down maps of specific structures and locations within the Sylvan community. These kind of tall towered castles are difficult to depict in a top down, so isometric seems to be the way to go.

Again, I will most like hand-draw this in my current style, but for starters I needed reference and angles, so I created a Nendo made 3D model of my proposed elven castle - first draft. This is the 3D model only, long way to go.

Also since I'm busy on multiple projects, this will probably be done more slowly as I find time between projects.

Just playin', but this of course could turn into a commercial project eventually. The posted 3D reference is structure of the main castle, no waterfall except in my mind's eye, plus houses built on cliff sides surrounding the falls and castle once complete. It may change overtime, but this is the idea for now.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elf-tower.jpg 
Views:	769 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	23203  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-25-2010 at 02:58 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations