Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October 2007 Entry: Greenstone Monastery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip October 2007 Entry: Greenstone Monastery

Hi All

Here is what I have so far for the interior. I am working on the grounds and plan to add a regional map of the monastery's location. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to all the Dundjinni contributors who may see their stuff in this layout.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monas1.jpg 
Views:	926 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	1088  
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Post Nice work Torq!

Nice work, Torq!

I've got Dundjinni too, but like CC3, I only dabble with it. I've seen some really awesome work created in Dundjinni,though.

What is the object on the upper left side - looks like a candelabra, maybe?

One question though? Your floor looks like it belongs in a ruin, moreso than a church in use, is this intentional or am I missing something? (not a criticism, so much as a question...)

And of course, I see that I'm the only one that's deviating from the traditional interior architecture of an orthodox cathedral.

I'd say you are all smarter than me!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-09-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added a quesiton for Torq
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks Gamerprinter

I dont actually use Dundjinni. This is done completely using Gimp, but I do use some of the artwork posted in the Dunjinni forums, and there is quite a lot of it in this layout.

The object on the left is actually a design painted by the cultists of their evil deity, with candles placed at the edges. In the middle is a pile of smouldering coals that they use for their rituals. I have been unhappy with the way it looks for some time and the fact that you couldn't recognise it has made up my mind. It will be replaced.

The floor I made while messing with grids in Gimp. I think the floor looks old. Its made from a rare stone quarried in ancient times from the nearby Vesher Hills .

As for interior architecture, mine is more accident than design. I just followed, in very broad, strokes the photo. I think your interior layout is excellent and complex, as a building that size should be. I just havn't got the skills for that kind of variation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Torq

Info Just a suggestion, then...

Red is the opposite of green on the color wheel. As a complimentary color red stands out against green almost as well as black against white (almost). If you created your deities image in red it would stand out much better!

Just a suggestion.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ok, here are the few points that I could find:
    • Window angle with wall - The stained glass windows have an angle to them, but the walls do not.
    • Blood smears not "scaled" - The blood stains/smears/pools look more like they are droplets on the page rather than part of the interior of the building.
    • Floor tile too "bathroom" like - I really don't like that floor tile. A church like this would be more ornate and certainly have a floor that their god would be proud to look down upon. This floor look more like a dingy bathroom tile, or something slapped together by those that don't care what it is made of. Perhaps larger tiles with a lighter color/texture and much smaller joints would improve that.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Very nice, Torq! Looking forward to seeing more. The only thing I'd suggest is to check your light source, the shadow directions and the directions the light is cast through the windows for consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Floor tile too "bathroom" like - I really don't like that floor tile. A church like this would be more ornate and certainly have a floor that their god would be proud to look down upon. This floor look more like a dingy bathroom tile, or something slapped together by those that don't care what it is made of. Perhaps larger tiles with a lighter color/texture and much smaller joints would improve that.
    Torq-

Try one of the tiles based on the image I made in this thread:

http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=7955

-Rob A>

Good stuff RobA!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Looking great, Torq!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Thanks RobA

Those are some seriously great floors. I think they are a little too colourful and busy for what I'm trying to do though. I'm woking on a similar shade floor to the original but with a thinner grout and larger paving stone.

Thanks for the help though.

Torq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast