Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E1 - e3

Post E1 - e3

Hello all you seasoned cartographers!

I'm looking for VTT-friendly (MapTool specifically) versions of the maps for the Wizards modules E1-E3. As you might know as a DDi subscriber I am able to download the maps that Wizards kindly provide. However these are full of DM only info like monster starting locations and secret doors. These are great reference resources but no good for use in a VTT.

Has anyone out there either hacked the wizards maps to remove the DM-only stuff, or redrawn the maps themselves? If you have, would you be willing to share?

I'm a DDi subscriber so have access to the maps online and own all three modules in paperback as well and this is all for personal use, so I'm sure it's 100% legal.

Thanks for your time,
    Blakey

Link to the MapTools thread discussing what I want them for.

I will Start the E1-E3 maps, once I have the Drow maps finished.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Fantastic. Without being too pushy, any ideas when this will be? I'm just trying to figure out when I'll need them by in order to get them into MapTool and available for my game...

Cheers
    Blakey

Not for a 3-4 weeks. That's just for E1.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Awesome! That works for me.

Would you be so kind as to post into this thread when they're done - assuming you don't mind sharing them with me and others?

Thanks
    Blakey

NeonKnight,

Any update on these maps? Are you still looking to do them?

Cheers
    Blakey

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know about the E1-3 modules, but I downloaded a map for a Dungeon Magazine scenario on wizards homepage - and in that pdf there were 2 versions of every map, on with GM stuff and one without. What was dissapointing however was the quality of the maps. They had been quickly stiched together from elements from their tilesets and you had to resize them a lot to get a proper 1 inch battlemap from them
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Map

I've done the first encounter map for E1, but I do not use MapTool so I'm not sure of the necessary specs for using a map in that program. I think I read somewhere that 100 pixels/inch is the preferred resolution, but that made the map ~13 MB (although it looks much better than the attached map).
    Here's a 50 pixels/inch version. Let me know if it will work; if you'd rather have the 100 pixel/inch version, I can split it into 2 maps or just post it on a filesharing site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1 - Death Calls (50 px).PNG 
Views:	502 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	25525  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I believe the preferred resolution for Map Tools is 100ppi - but don't quote me on that.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

After spending a few days completely immersed in MapTool to get ready to use it for the first time, I can confirm that 100px is preferred (although 50px will also work).

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast