Thread: First CC3 Map.

Guild Novice

Default First CC3 Map.

I had problems with labeling, and placement. But here's my first attempt to take a handdrawn map, and transform it into a computer drawn one. I couldn't get everything over, but this is just a rough draft. I'll continue to fine tune it. Still not really comfortable with CC3, but I do like the symbols. I scaled some of them up since I was having a hard time seeing them when they were in scale with the milage of the map. I likes seeing the houses, and castles, and stuff. Sheets on top of sheets. Effects, and craziness. And you have to remember what sheet you were on. If you place a symbol stacked in the wrong sheet it turns out all wonky when you hit the redraw. It was a headache that took all morning to wade through. I've attached the hand drawn one as well. So one might see the before and after.

Have at it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_6164a46cd46999eb&#5.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	23279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alashan..JPG 
Views:	979 
Size:	930.0 KB 
ID:	23280  

I really like the map on the left. Something about it's simplicity is really nice.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I concur. The first map has some nice character to it. Well done.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Maybe you could get the hand drawn and improve it with photoshop or GIMP. cc3 is a good map creator, but it is quite limiting in a matter of effects.

Guild Member

If I could still hand draw like that I'd not need a mapping program

Guild Novice

Yeah, I've been thinking about it for a couple of days now. I'm just trying to decide whether or not to throw a hundred dollars at a Wacom tablet.

With your hand drawing skills, if you can afford a tablet, it definitely worth it. Probably will take you some time to get used with the tablet, but it will bring you certainly to the next level, maybe not only mapping but digital drawings as well. Congrats!