Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barging in

Post Barging in

Hey there!

Gonna try to keep this short, was on my way to bed. (almost three in the morning here)
    I've just started reading the Wheel of Time books, after years of my friend trying to convince me, and anyhow I decided that I absolutely need a map to look at.
    I tend to do that, becuse, without going too deep, maps are to me a combined manifestation of intellicence and beaty.
    I guess I've always had that artsy streek to me, but its always been bent to the more informational and practical kind - things like fonts, layouts, character presentation and maps.

Anyhow, I stumbled in here and my entire awereness told me that this was something I've been looking for.
    So, I hope I'll have time soon come back and familiarize myself with this beautiful place.

Oh, and if it helps as a presentation, my connection to cartography comes mainly from sailing and pen & paper roleplaying. (and other gaming for that matter)

'night
    /Deme

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Glad to have ya here.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Applicant

I absolutely love the WoT books, especially the first one

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Welcome! I couldn't get into that series myself, but that won't stop me from admiring a map of it bring it!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome looking very much forward to seing your map, the maps in the books are rather crude.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hey, I said nothing about making one. I was looking for one.
    But now that it's mentioned, I guess its a good idea.
    There are plenty of maps around of the westlands, but they all seem to be rather bland.

Oh, and thanks for the warm welcomes

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Well, the way you phrased it, I interpreted as you wanted to make one

Heck, the thing that brought me here was that I was looking for some one off advice on a wallpaper I was building, next thing you know I'm stuck here - it's worth hanging out and trying your hand at making something.. the worst that will happen is that you'll learn how to work with graphics programs better than you ever thought possible

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Well, the way you phrased it, I interpreted as you wanted to make one

Heck, the thing that brought me here was that I was looking for some one off advice on a wallpaper I was building, next thing you know I'm stuck here - it's worth hanging out and trying your hand at making something.. the worst that will happen is that you'll learn how to work with graphics programs better than you ever thought possible
    Yeah, I did realize afterward.

Heh, I think I might try putting one together, as soon as I find the time. There are plenty of WOT maps, but none that I find particularly appealing.

And thanks for all the welcomes guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast