Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first fantasy map collection

Map My first fantasy map collection

Hello everyone im posting my first maps, I've lurking the site for a good time. Now it's time to show what i've learn from the tutorials i found here. There was so many tutorials that I read, that's impossible do credit by names. I'd like to thank everyone who help each other here.

By the way, my maps are for me to use in a RPG campaign, i donw know the world's name yet, and most of the names in the map are in portuguese, my mother language, most of the names on the old styled map are Random names but the seas have names like "torment seas" or "Endless Ocean"

Here they go. I like to have some opnions about everything, from the world desing to the grafic level.
    This is the real geografic view.

The "players" version.

Political and routes of trade.

Varies from 80ºC (redest) to -20ºC (pinkiest)

Guild Member

I like! Very well done. The players will love you.

Would you give permission for others to use the map as well?

Very nice map, just one thing, you seem to have put deserts along your equator, assuming your world is somewhat similar to earth, which it seems to be judging by your temperature map, the equator should be filled with jungles, not deserts. On the other hand the areas where one usually finds deserts right above the and below the tropic equator you have green areas.

Anyway, nice map.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The desert thing is my fault...that's the way I have it in my tutorial. You're right about the deserts being on the tropics but I have never updated the tutorial with that info.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I like! Very well done. The players will love you.

Would you give permission for others to use the map as well?
    Sure! My objective is to make people happy! =D

Very nice map, just one thing, you seem to have put deserts along your equator, assuming your world is somewhat similar to earth, which it seems to be judging by your temperature map, the equator should be filled with jungles, not deserts. On the other hand the areas where one usually finds deserts right above the and below the tropic equator you have green areas.

Anyway, nice map.
    That's quite true. Thank's for the advice!

The desert thing is my fault...that's the way I have it in my tutorial. You're right about the deserts being on the tropics but I have never updated the tutorial with that info.
    Hahaa! It was your tutorial? Nice one! Congratulations. I've never thought about right places for the zones. But hey. it' a magical world, who knows what the gods where thinking when they created this one!

Anyways thank you all for thefeedback! Feel free to say anything you want!
    Last edited by betomuraro; 03-29-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Nice stuff! I like your antiqued version

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, that antique version is very nice. Beautiful, even. But then I'm a sucker for that style.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great work - I admire that you've made your own map and a player map in a different style, I agree with Lwaxana your players are going to love you. Concider yourself repped
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thank you guys for all the positive feedback! Now I'm working in a post apocalyptic world map let's see what I got.
    Last edited by betomuraro; 03-30-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Nice maps...have some rep. The first tutorial I followed here was Ascension's (awesome tutorial!) and I eventually figured out, by looking at Earth maps, that I should modify the 'climate zone' gradient a bit. I took a different route, though and used multiple gradients so that I could vary the shape/size/placement of zones on my world a little...instead of having bands that stretched all the way across the map.
    M

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast