Thread: Ancient Temple of Pazuzu

Wip Ancient Temple of Pazuzu

This is my first-ever post here, so I hope I'm doing it right. I decided to post because I think it's kind of a different idea. I have a fleshed-out story that goes along with it, but I'll give you the short version.

There's an ancient temple that fell thousands of years ago during a global catastrophe. It currently lies under the surface of a town, and was discovered through a cavern behind a basement wall. The temple now lies on its side, so the PCs have to enter by lowering themselves through the door that now lies at their feet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taxidermist's Bas.png 
Views:	2052 
Size:	804.8 KB 
ID:	23328

The map below shows the first level (rotated clockwise from the previous map just to make things easier). I tried to show the different "heights" of the rooms, which are originally doorways to two other rooms in the temple. I hope that makes sense! The "hole" in the center is another door that the PCs have to lower themselves down in order to get to the next room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pazuzu1..png 
Views:	364 
Size:	456.0 KB 
ID:	23329

I have one more map to do, which will be the shrine of Pazuzu in the lowest level.

P.S. I don't know how to post "nice" maps that are to scale. I just did this through MS Paint.

I have thought about doing something like this as well. It's a great idea and makes you really think about a dungeon with different heights, and ledges and holes. Doorways might be only 4 feet high, hallways might be 8 feet wide but only 5 feet high.
    Great idea, looking forward to seeing the next map.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks good, and great idea I'll probably grab it some day
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise