5 11.90%
  • Iwaizumi - Redrobes

4 9.52%
  • Iwaizumi - Sapiento

6 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: *** March '10 Challenge Voting Take 2 - The Town of Iwaizumi ***

Congrats, Djekspek! It looked almost like a tie up to the very last hour - I checked in the middle of my weekend D&D game, last night. And that was certainly an exciting voting session. As for next month's challenge, I have to finish writing the third adventure to my Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting to complete my mini-campaign arc for publication - that's my first obligation. If I have time, I'll try to enter the beer challenge.

As Djekspek stated, the beer challenge should get more participants aboard - I hope we get a record number of entrants!

And good luck to all for the publisher's vote on this one! Now I got to spread some REP!

GP

PS: I tried to REP all I could, but have to spread some around before I can do DJ again! I owe you some REP...
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-04-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Novice

Default Results from Open Design Map Poll

I’m pleased to announce that Djekspek is the winner of the Open Design portion of the Iwaizumi map contest. We polled the patrons of the project on their preferences, and much like here at CG, the maps from Djekspek and Gamerprinter were the most popular. In fact, by decision time yesterday, the two were tied.

It fell to me, as the author of the scenario, to choose between them, and I chose Djekspek’s map. I had three reasons. First, and most importantly, the palette, border, and style of Djekspek's map evoked the horror mood of Call of Cthulhu more strongly (at least for me). Second, when I printed both out, I found the inset on Gamerprinter’s map somewhat hard to read in black and white. Finally, as written the scenario depends on the caves being located up the river to the north, and the location of the caves on Djekspek’s map fit that the best.

It was a difficult decision, though, and none of this is meant to slight Gamerprinter’s map in any way – I particularly appreciated its clear lines and attention to period detail in the buildings. For that matter, all of the entries were top-notch, and I liked some element of each and every one of them.

Finally, on behalf of the Open Design patrons, I wanted to thank the submitters, voters, and commentators for their excellent work!

Double congrats to Djekspek then. I can see why it was a difficult decision.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice

It's been a long time coming, but Djekspek's map is finally available in print - well, at least in pdf - here!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234