Thread: newbie VTTer

Default newbie VTTer

Hello all! I'm a long-time D&Der that has recently switched to the VTT. My group still meets face-to-face, but instead of playing on an old fashioned battle mat, I use an HDMI cable to plug my laptop into my 50" wide-screen and run MapTools. It's AWESOME. MapTools RULES!

I'm currently running the Pathfinder adventure path "Rise of the Runelords". I'm always looking for good maps to supplement the adventures. Love this site!

I might as well also mention I'm a high school math teacher and part-time lead vocalist in a rock band. Married, and father of an 8-, 5-, and 2-year-old.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild. Sounds like a great set-up. I'm running RotRL for my regular group as well (just finished book three and are taking a break while another DM runs her campaign).

I haven't done any special maps for it but there are a few folks on here that have mapped out a couple of locations (Sandpoint Garrison and such). I think I might have a flooded version of Turtleback Ferry and some event-based maps of Sandpoint for the opening of book four - if you want them please feel free to PM me.

I do plan to build some 3D terrain representing Sandpoint for the opening of book four. Some guy on the Paizo site had a nearly full-sized map of the town for his game and it looked awesome.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Welcome to the Guild. Sounds like a great set-up. I'm running RotRL for my regular group as well (just finished book three and are taking a break while another DM runs her campaign).

I haven't done any special maps for it but there are a few folks on here that have mapped out a couple of locations (Sandpoint Garrison and such). I think I might have a flooded version of Turtleback Ferry and some event-based maps of Sandpoint for the opening of book four - if you want them please feel free to PM me.

I do plan to build some 3D terrain representing Sandpoint for the opening of book four. Some guy on the Paizo site had a nearly full-sized map of the town for his game and it looked awesome.
    M
    I've already snatched up all the RotRL maps! And yes, I saw the photos of the raid on Sandpoint setup. Suh-weet! I go by vocaldc on the Paizo boards -- I'll probably see you around there!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Welcome. Great to have another maptool person on here.

Welcome aboard. I'm still wanting to make my own VTT maps and whatnot but haven't spent enough time with the software to have my act together. At the moment I'm waffling on a tangent so hopefully I'll get back to it. Will be nice to have you around.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt