Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March/April entry: Dwarven city.

You know, sometimes you just can't afford to have guests. Did they mind at all that they forced you to stop your artistic development? It's not right I say.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    You know, sometimes you just can't afford to have guests. Did they mind at all that they forced you to stop your artistic development? It's not right I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    Arghh come on man!!! You're almost there... Push over the top and produce something special...There is still time!!!
    I did get to be a little artistic while I had guests ... we played a game called Cranium, where you (amongst other things) draw and sculpt things your teammate has to guess ... so now, since your pushing me I have to put in another hour. Work's been crazy this last week so I've had no time for the fun stuff...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

okay.. now for the latest map - this is the underground dwarven city Narag Gatol. The part of the city depicted in the map is the part where the dwarves interact the most, both with other dwarves and within the community. Their marketplace is here, caved from a giant natural cave and here are also the halls and quaters for meeting and hosting diplomats, merchants and so forth. Further down we find the newest mines in the complex and a small harbour from where the dwarves can sail to the other side of the mountain with trading goods. The harbour is only ligthly fortified here, pretty much only by being able to seal it off from the complex - but there is a fortification at the exit of the mountain some miles away.
    Roads leave from the map to living and working quarters for the dwarves.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarfcity-03..jpg 
Views:	1245 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	23828  
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That's pretty cool. I am glad you put in the spiral stairs. I was wondering how they got from level to level before. At least now I can rest easy knowing they don't have to jump over the side or something

I do wish I could see the whole complex. It reminds me of some of the old RPG game maps only this looks better than what you got back then, hehe.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12