Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March/April entry: Dwarven city.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip March/April entry: Dwarven city.

So I've gotten around to doing some work on my dwarven city. I'm going for some classic dungeons with a few eye-pleasers here and there. Trying to make 5 levels on the same map, just to see how it works

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarfcity-01..jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	23412
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

5 levels!! On the same map!!! I hope you have some time off work this week. (smirk)
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Blog Entries

*lol*... well, they are going to be small levels as the higher levels are going to cover for the lower levels. So I'm using 5 shades for the floors of the levels getting darker as one travels downwards
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Sounds great, and ambitious! Looking good so far.

great start Tilt! I like the subtle lighting/shading of the bridges and down-going stairs. I presume that the darker the rooms, the deeper they are (to indicate levels) which is - if am right- a nice find. problem may be the overlap between the levels (currently the rooms are a little bevelled so maybe an inner shadow may give some more depth to the rooms....) anyway i'm curious how this will turn out... small note: the water texture seems a little out-of-place to me (a little shiny) but I guess it depends on further texturing... good luck 'n cheers!

Blog Entries

thanks, haven't had time to work on it over eastern - been busy eating a lot of good food in great company ... but I'll try to get some time in these next days, I forget if its the 10th or 15th it ends.
    Yep, the darker the deeper - good idea with the inner shadow, I'll try that. Haven't worked much with the textures yet, so what ever is there is probably temporary depending on time - only thing I used some actual time on is the bridges - pretty pleased with those
    regs tilt

I actually prefer it as it is, without textures; I really like the clean look.
    One of those Alternate Earth History people.

Blog Entries

So, the 10th has arrived and I haven't had time to work on my dungeon *sigh* ... so I just quickly put an hour in before we have to get ready to recieve our guests - so, far from finished, here is my entry in the Competetion - the Dwarven stronghold Narag gatol (Black Fortress). The levels are a deeper shade the further down you go. Haven't had time to work with the textures and for the finishing touches, planned to add some fittings here and there (like the pillars in the marketplace) - but all in all it was supposed to be a bit old school dungeon look - so bare rooms exept for things like pillars and statues and such.

Good luck to all in the competition

My map in 50% size:
    #### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarfcity-02..jpg 
Views:	1581 
Size:	436.8 KB 
ID:	23624
    regs tilt

I have a feeling the challenge might not close till the 15th

Arghh come on man!!! You're almost there... Push over the top and produce something special...There is still time!!!
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 04-14-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast