Thread: Basillon - The Twin City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Basillon - The Twin City

Hello All,

I thought I'd post another of my maps. This one was actually drawn quite a while ago, with the help of input from these forums. I never actually used the map in my campaign back then, so I spruced it up with my more recent talents for new use.

Basillon is the main city in my D&D 4E campaign. The port city was built up on the banks of the Ophidian river where it empties into Lake Caliga. Currently ruled by an order of clerics and paladins dedicated to Erathis, goddess of civilization, the settlement acts as a hub of trade and activity among the civilized races. Recently, a taint in divine magic throughout the city and its surrounding lands has sprung up and confounded the clergy. This debacle has given rise to a movement among some of the disgruntled old aristocracy, lead by a powerful wizard, Lord Aramis. Upon their arrival in Basillon, the player characters unwittingly enter a political powder keg. As they are approached by both sides, the players get caught up in the machinations of a desperate power struggle.

Cheers and enjoy,

Rwaluchow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basillon..jpg 
Views:	731 
Size:	556.6 KB 
ID:	23417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basillon - no lab&#.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	523.1 KB 
ID:	23418  

That's a pretty and clean map with nice soft tones. Looks very nice.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Super city map. Near perfect in its simplicity. Only thing missing is the key, though.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Almost looks like a Schley map, nice work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yeah. Nice city. Duely pinched!
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Thank you very much. Schley is a great inspiration to me, so I take that as a tremendous compliment.

Unfortunately I can't rep you as I need to rep more people first
    I really like the map and I can understand why it's compared to Schley's work. Really like the layout of the city and colors you picked.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

If you still have the .PSDs for this map I would love to expand it for use in my campaign. If not, it is a great piece and hopefully I can reach this level of quality before I get too frustrated. Great job man.