Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP - CDC Crisis Center

Thanks for saying so. Haven't had a chance to finish these experiments but I did like where they were going. Might still get them finished...if I ever get time. In the meantime, I did post some of the things I had learned in response to a question in the "how to" forum here. That sort of what you were looking for?
    M

That does help. Thank you.

Professional Artist Christopher West's Avatar

Nice work on this map!

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    BTW, the poster maps for sale on your site look awesome. Do you plan on doing more products? Modern/sci-fi map tiles like the Galaxy Tiles set Wizards put out for Star Wars would be high on my list of purchases. I have no idea how well they sell...guessing not that well since Wizards only did one.
    I don't think it sold well enough for Wizards' tastes. They actually contracted a second set of Galaxy Tiles artwork from me, but they canceled the product before publishing it. I got paid nonetheless, but was sad that the work on the second set never saw the light of day.

I am publishing a set of my own, though, at Gen Con this year. They'll go for sale on my website shortly thereafter. You can read more about them and view the covers here: http://www.mapsofmastery.com/phpBB3/....php?f=4&t=168

I've also got another Kickstarter-based pre-order going on now, for my Forsaken Lands II poster maps, and have added the terrain cards to the list of rewards that people can choose from if they pledge enough for multiple items. (It's a good way to get the maps and tiles with free shipping.) That can be found here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-ii-poster-map

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon.chique View Post
    I've got a real soft spot for modern maps, and yours are beautiful and functional. I don't suppose you'd consider posting a few working notes on getting a modern-style map to turn out so nicely.
    I agree. In my opinion, the maps of Christopher West was the best feature Dungeon/Polyhedron. Awesome stuff

mearrin69? Going back to your first post here, did you find something to generate the hex grid you were looking for? If not, I have a bit of ye olde pov stuff that can do it (I used it for the competition). It's "generic" in that you can choose the hex size, thickness, colour (rgb) and transparency and it generates a transparent background PNG. It has some limitations on file size and you have to jigger about to get the size (in terms of pixels) that you want. Aaaaand it's POVray so you need that, but I have it in an easy to use one-shot program file with comments to tell you how to use it... very simple.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Thanks. I did find a site (posted here in Resources, I believe) that had a wide array of grids (including hexes). I just imported one, resized, and put it on Multiply.

In other news, I never really finished these maps beyond what I posted here. Guess I was just playing around. I do want to do some more modern building mapping practice at some point...but I'm way bogged down in other stuff. Next time I GM a GURPS game I'll give it another go. I think my next scheduled event is a space zombies game (ever seen Pandorum? It's a lot like that, except I came up with most of it before I ever even heard of the movie. Nothing new under the sun I guess) so I may get to try my hand at some sci-fi mapping. That'll be fun!
    M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12