View Poll Results: Would be fun indeed....

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

17 100.00%
  • no

0 0%

Thread: Tribute

Default Tribute

Thing popped up in my head and I'll drop it here before I forget I think it would be fun to do a challenge to make a map as a tribute to ones favorite book/movie/... maybe it's already been done as a challenge but I didnt find it in the archives... cheers

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've got a bunch of ideas for this and in completely different genres and styles.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Interesting you mention this, I just finished reading a book series, and went looking to see if I could find any fan-based maps here or anywhere else on the web - nothing!

So i'm pondering creating one (The author has a nice one already done, maybe that's why?) in a different style just for fun and practice..

And now this suggestion

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I wonder of doing a Louis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland would be a unique map to create, but it would mean reading it again, and I haven't read Alice in Wonderland since I was a kid - it would probably make for an interesting map, though.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think that is a cool idea... only problem what to choose, there are so many ideas that pop into my head...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like this idea quite a bit, and since my mapping muse has largely gone the way of the dodo these past couple of months, maybe this will help 'resurrect it'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.