Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** April 2010 Challenge - Brewhome ***

great news GP, I am happy for you!
    Adam Schmidt
    Illustration and Cartography
    http://www.misteradam.com

Hey all, I just wanted to say, we're having a blast watching this challenge come together! So many great ideas and so much talent! Really stoked to see so many entries and different angles of approach. Keep up the great work =D
    Chris Guerra (PiC) at Fantasy Brewmasters

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

congrats GP - that so cool to make ones hobby ones profession
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'll end the challenge on or about Thursday or Friday...unless the entrants want me to end it sooner. Friday at the latest. I'll openly admit that this is completely self-serving in that my muse showed up today, gave me some ideas, and has me working Since I'm wanting max time to finish everyone gets max time to finish. So there
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

I'm okay with whatever, although today is the last day of my current class and I'll have the next two weeks to goof off until the next one starts

What I suggest to the powers that be, however, is that you decide on a formula and stick to it. Something like... publish each new challenge on the first of the month, or the fifth, or the first Monday, with voting for the previous contest to start five days prior and end at midnight gmt the night before the new challenge begins. For those of us who regularly participate, it helps to know what's what, and to know that we won't have short months and long ones.

If I were the poor shmuck in charge, I'd start each contest on the first of the month and end the last one the previous day. That would give challenge participants the entire month to work on their entry. Voters would have until the fifth of the month to cast their vote.

It isn't that I think that my arbitrary timeframes are better than anyone elses arbitrary timeframes. I don't. I believe in engineering any system to work as simply as possible. If people only need to remember one date, you can't really reduce the complexity further than that.

And while I was at it, I'd fix our busted featured maps system, which hasn't offered us a new masterpiece in over four months. I think we should be able to find one worthy piece of the many maps produced each month to honor with the award. Perhaps everyone is busy or maybe our system isn't working correctly... I don't know. If you need more help, I can suggest a couple of people at least who would make excellent community leaders or who would probably accept the duty without any special status.

For this month, any day that isn't May seems fair enough to me to end the challenge.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Well, we try to start each challenge on the first of the month and end it on the last day of the month. Sometimes we get busy, sometimes we get lazy, and sometimes we think that someone else is doing it only they have something come up. Poor Torstan, no one has done a lite challenge but him since we wrangled him in. I was going to run it but totally forgot that I volunteered. And yes, there's a lot of us who haven't been pulling our weight. Steel has extra work at work, Gand moved to a new house, RP and Red are finishing up college, YodA has new responsibilities, Steel and Neon pretty much run the welcome wagon, and we all chip in to help with questions n such. I did the last feature map and we had one picked out for the next one but no one ever got around to it. Tor, Ravs, or I will get to it...sooner or later So while we could take on more CLs then we might end up with too many and then we'd really get lazy. Thanks for gettin on us Imm But be careful or we'll wrangle you in and dump it all on you as well
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

This is my community, so I'll serve if asked, but I'm sure there are better members than me for the job. I do understand the desire to not over-populate the leader ranks. Nobody should know better than yous guys whether you have the staff to get the job done.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

While I can definitely use the extra time to finish my entry, I'm still not sure if I'll get it done

Things are quieting down a bit at work for me (for now at least), but we'll be going through a big change again at the beginning of July, so I'm still kind of keeping my CL involvement to a minimum for now.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

anyone know why my thread was deleted? Not sure if I unwittingly broke a contest rule and was disqualified or if it is some type of forum glitch.
    Adam Schmidt
    Illustration and Cartography
    http://www.misteradam.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast