Thread: Large Temple Complex

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Large Temple Complex

Some of you may recall the large temple I posted a while back; well I'm finally pretty much completed with the ground floor (minus any labels). Since I'm planning on offering this map for sale I can't post any high-quality images, but it's clear enough to get the idea across. The plan is drawn using AutoCAD though I plan on adding some hand-drawn embellishments along with some Photoshop treatment.

The complex boasts its own militia/guard complete with their own keep, barracks and training grounds; I designed it to have considerable security since a temple of such importance will have plenty of rare and valuable artifacts under its care. There are several large kitchens to feed not only all of the clerics, monks, acolytes, soldiers, servants, etc but also all of the peasants and pilgrims that are always present. There are stables and a carriage house, warehouses and grain silos for tithes, cloisters for the priests and monks, agricultural areas, running water feeding several fountains, multiple shrines and smaller temples, classrooms, a huge conference chamber, libraries and even a private garden area for the VIPs and important guests. I made sure to include garderobes complete with the drains mapped out for those more daring (and diminutive) thieves...

The finished product will include the catacomb/basement levels and a few upper stories along with complete descriptions.

As always, I'm open to constructive criticism and suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Temple Compl&#101.jpg 
Views:	905 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	23497  
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."