Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large Temple Complex

Wip Large Temple Complex

Some of you may recall the large temple I posted a while back; well I'm finally pretty much completed with the ground floor (minus any labels). Since I'm planning on offering this map for sale I can't post any high-quality images, but it's clear enough to get the idea across. The plan is drawn using AutoCAD though I plan on adding some hand-drawn embellishments along with some Photoshop treatment.

The complex boasts its own militia/guard complete with their own keep, barracks and training grounds; I designed it to have considerable security since a temple of such importance will have plenty of rare and valuable artifacts under its care. There are several large kitchens to feed not only all of the clerics, monks, acolytes, soldiers, servants, etc but also all of the peasants and pilgrims that are always present. There are stables and a carriage house, warehouses and grain silos for tithes, cloisters for the priests and monks, agricultural areas, running water feeding several fountains, multiple shrines and smaller temples, classrooms, a huge conference chamber, libraries and even a private garden area for the VIPs and important guests. I made sure to include garderobes complete with the drains mapped out for those more daring (and diminutive) thieves...

The finished product will include the catacomb/basement levels and a few upper stories along with complete descriptions.

As always, I'm open to constructive criticism and suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Temple Compl&#101.jpg 
Views:	905 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	23497  
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that looks really good, a very nice look you've got there. I'll throw some rep in your direction
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

This is a huge complex - I love the simple clean style too. Well done!

Excellent map Psyekl. I look forward to seeing the finished product. Hopefully you'll do the same with the Dwarven Keep complex one day.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff, thx for posting.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    Hopefully you'll do the same with the Dwarven Keep complex one day.
    That's definitely in the plan. I have a few castles that deserve the same attention, the Dwarven complex included. I wanted to finish this temple map first because it holds a special place in my heart; It was originally drawn by my brother as a very simple shape on a piece of graph paper and has (obviously) ballooned into something neither of us could have anticipated.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

I should look more often into this section, I have nearly missed this wonderful temple complex. Fantastic work, hope to see the finished map soon.

Wow, that is complex! Nicely laid out. I am impressed. Have some rep.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oooo... I really love the layout here. Would you care to share how you laid everything out? That's an area I'm still wrestling with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast