Thread: Tree PNGs

Post Tree PNGs

I have rendered ten trees in a top-down view using Bryce 6. I then did some alterations and cleared the background with GIMP. I think they turned out pretty nice, but if you think they could be improved, let me know. The trees are 1024pixels x 1024pixels each and are in png file format for reasons of transparency. Please feel free to download them and use them as you wish. I broke the download up into three smaller zip files because of attachment size limitations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deep Forest.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	1129  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very nice! Do you have some other different types of trees? These would be great to make a seamless tile out of with different trees and then you could create instant forests.

Repped!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Awesome!! Very, very, very helpful!

Rep!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Very nice! Do you have some other different types of trees? These would be great to make a seamless tile out of with different trees and then you could create instant forests.

Repped!
    I currently do not have any more trees ready just yet. I will post them here as soon as they look good. Are there some specific color variations or tree species you would like to have? The leaves and bark on these trees are a variation of the sweet gum tree. If you have some specific tree types in mind I would be happy to try my hand at making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dridon View Post
    I currently do not have any more trees ready just yet. I will post them here as soon as they look good. Are there some specific color variations or tree species you would like to have? The leaves and bark on these trees are a variation of the sweet gum tree. If you have some specific tree types in mind I would be happy to try my hand at making them.
    I'm not picky, I just like variety. If you go for a "forest fill", I would imagine some trees that would be typically found in the European forests would be good.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Those are pretty nice Dridon. I usually don't like Bryce trees very much, but you did a nice job. They look a bit dark, but that can be the type of tree

The problem with creating top-down trees like that is the straight branches. 3D models aren't created for top-down rendering (stupid isn't it? :p ), so they do look a bit unreal. But we do what we can with what they give us, right? Your trees are way better than my first Bryce trees
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others

They look just like the lichen I used to use on models. That's why I took an instant likin'. Heh...

Repsville.