Thread: Hello

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Default Hello

Hello all and thanks for have such an inspirational site.
    Just an old gamer (AD&D) who lives in Las Vegas, NV. Stumbled across this site by following some link of some maps done for the World of Greyhawk by a lady named Anna. I make my own maps so I thought I would become a member so I could fully use this site and the wonderful maps in it to improve my own meager map making skills. I have been a production artist in the T-shirt business for 15 years. And my main graphic program has been CorelDraw. That is what I use to make my maps. Which compared to Anna's and some of the ones I have seen here so far are like comparing a child's chalk drawing on the wall to a Norman Rockwell painting. The good think is my skills can only get better from observing the great works on this site. Once I find the right forum to post my maps I'll get them up so you folks can have a good laugh. Again thanks for having me and some of you have awesome talent.
    Thanks for sharing it with me.

A R Frost
    Last edited by A R Frost; 04-07-2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: like always bad spelling

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Glad to have ya here.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Thanks, Nice to get an greeting from three of the peoples who's map work I really like. Now I just need to figure out how to develop my talent at making maps to 10% of any of your skills and I'll be set....lol

LOL. If you haven't you should definitely check out the tutorials section. Some of the best mapmakers on here have shared their techniques and it's quite amazing what you can learn just by following them. You'll get your 10%+ in no time. Welcome to the Guild!
    M