Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: March/April 2010 Lite Challenge Entry: Aquatic Fortress

Very nice. The colours for the first two views are just perfect, and the initial in the text looks good.

I don't see anything missing.
    One of those Alternate Earth History people.

Ok, so based on what you said, or didn't say, I wondered how it would look if I just darkened up the levels of the ship

Originally I wanted a weathered looking parchment so wanted some of the fade but I'm not sure now so let's see...

Here is a side by side comparison. This first is the original, the second has the lower decks darkened.

edit: After looking at it the only real difference is that the lower decks are a lot more black. The original has a more brown tint to the ink. I'm not sure that it makes much difference to me but then I've stared at it too long already.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AquaFortDrk..png 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	23799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AquaFortDrkr..png 
Views:	38 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	23800  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-14-2010 at 05:01 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I like the idea of darkening, but the lines end look pixelated.
    One of those Alternate Earth History people.

Ok, I went ahead and darkened up the lower levels. I think I saw and fixed what you were saying about pixelation and fixed that but if not feel free to point me in the right direction. My eyesight isn't what it once was.

This may be my final update as I have more work I have to get done today.

### Winner ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AquaFortDrkr..png 
Views:	196 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	23810  
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-29-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Like it a lot!!!
    The only thing I would change is for the role-playing part. Not sure if I was the Captain, I would be wanting a brig right next to my quarters. Last thing I want to hear after a long day at sea is some cry-baby human begging for his life all dang night.

My twisted sense of humor has been wondering what the dwarfs on this ship would be like if they where aboriginal dwarfs, since my Assault Fortress's will have an elephant skinned hull with massive elephant tusks adorning the deck. lol Can see it now in my head. Aboriginal dwarfs wearing grass skirts and using spears, with a huge steam powered boat sailing the high seas looking for conquest. Think they would win a good number of their sea battles just because the other sailing fleets would be too amazed to defend themselves.

Allan
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I have to admit that when I put the brig there I did think about the Captain and First mate quarters being right next to them and how that might be a problem...if I get time I will see if I can find a solution to that. Maybe I can swap the Brig with the Navigator's rooms.

On second thought that doesn't work because the Brig is an odd shaped room due to the Tube traps passing through it. To be honest the Captain will likely spend much of his time at the helm and they are not likely to have a lot of prisoners anyway....anyone who makes too much noise will probably just walk the plank beneath the moon at midnight
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-14-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Sounds like a good plan. The brig's are probably used for drunken dwarven sailors that have dipped a little to deep into the ale barrels. Aboriginal dwarfs on the other hand would never let a free meal walk the plank. No matter what type of light was shinning outside.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

You keep making me laugh when I imagine these dwarfs dressed in grass skirts. You are probably most correct regarding the drunken dwarves as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123