Thread: Windows 7 and Wacom problems

Default Windows 7 and Wacom problems

I've got a Wacom Intuous 3. It just stops working about once a week or so, I have to reinstall the driver to get it working again. Googled the problem and apparently there are conflicts between Wacom's driver and the native windows one for touch screens etc and the advice was to disable the windows touchscreen options (which I've done), but my tablet has just stopped working again. Has anyone / is anyone else having the same problem? (I'm using the latest drivers from the Wacom site).

cheers

Ravs

I can't help with Intuos3 issues but I have an Intuos4 and it seems to work fine under Windows 7, as did my Graphire, so it's not apparently endemic to Wacom products and W7 in general. I had more issues/conflicts with the native tablet drivers under Vista than the new OS and had to turn off most of the Windows tablet features. Don't think I've disabled anything under Windows 7.
    M

There's a huge screed of posts of people who have had problems and there are various solutions down to playing around with the registry (which I'd prefer not to do if I can absolutely help it). I've found a new one, (turning off Windows 7 pen and tablet service) and a restart seems to have done the trick for now (although I'm sure I did this some time back and the service seems to have magically restarted again). Oh well, at least I don't have to reinstall the driver.

I never could keep the service off totally under Vista...keeps turning back on. I had to turn off some of their little pen "gadget" things so that it would work properly. Sounds like you have a different problem altogether.

I believe you may need to uninstall the TabletPC module. I had the same trouble under Vista. Turning off the service seemed to be only a temporary measure, but removing it entirely fixed it permanently. I don't have any experience with Win7 yet, though.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Thanks Mid, I have uninstalled the TabletPC module (at least I thought I had - I know I uninstalled something!)....but one thing I noticed is that I hadn't disabled the TabletPC service on startup (should that still be visible if I had uninstalled the module?). Anyway, fingers crossed, the tablet is working again. If it falls over I'll find something else to disable!

Done and BANNED!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave