Thread: [Award Winner] Photoshop 7 - Overworld Map Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Tutorial [Award Winner] Photoshop 7 - Overworld Map Project

Hi all,

This has been a long time coming and for that I am sorry... but I have started working on the "PS7-OMP". I work in Photoshop 7 because not everyone has a newer version of Photoshop and this cuts down on compatibility issues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Megan4..jpg 
Views:	2396 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	24103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overworld_Map_Pro.jpg 
Views:	1263 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	23585

I am not much for typing so I have made a rough video tutorial (Part one & two) and posted it to YouTube here:

PS7-OMP "Part 1" on YouTube
    PS7-OMP "Part 2" on YouTube
    PS7-OMP "Part 3" on YouTube

To go along with the video here is the .psd file and the brush pre-sets that I am using. This should let everyone (with Photoshop) open the layer styles and play around with the method I am using. I am not sure if you can do this sort of thing in GIMP but it would not surprise me if you can.

PS7-OMP..zip

Well, After making three parts... I am not sure I have fully explained all of the things you can do with this .psd file. I am sure I will make more videos sometime later (assuming there is interest) to highlight different things you can use the techniques other than making mountains and textured dirt... but for now I will wait to see if anyone likes this method and find out if others would like to add layers, brushes or techniques to the project .psd ...So I really look forward to some of you trying out the .psd file and posting what you come up with.

I am as always open to comments, questions, and critiques ...and "happy mapping"

-RPGMapMaker
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 05-06-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added New Map Image
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.