Thread: Looking for an e-pal or 2

Default Looking for an e-pal or 2

Just a quick post...

Being rural, a sociaphobe and a nerd means I really don't have much in the way of a social life offline...and since I stopped playing WoW, I don't do much socializing online anymore. So I am looking for anyone who has the time to chat on occasion. I am in Australia, so for most people time zones will differ

So yeah, if you feel like chatting please send me a message and I can add you on yahoo, msn or facebook

I hope this is not an inappropriate post >.<
    Jessica
    Last edited by Alvary; 05-24-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It probably is but I'm not the morality police so I don't care. I'll take your list and add techno-illiterate I root for the Crusaders and that's about as much as I know about that part of the world.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm not much of a chatter myself but just wanted to say I appreciate the artwork you recently posted. I can type real-time but haven't used chat software much since the days when IRC was about the only thing going, so I join Ascension in the techno-illiterate crowd in that area.

@Ascension: a person that makes PS filters/styles sing the way you do cannot claim to be techno-illiterate.

Yeah, totally right...Reading the tutorials some of you nuts put up makes me feel like a child!

Deff should look at some of the real time chat options out there...even my hubby's mother gets in on it and she is confused by office word...

Thanks so much mearrin about the art! I love drawing, always have. I have been too busy in the last year or 2 to really be able to spare the 5 or 6 hours it takes to do a drawing, plus the time either side to get set up. That is what started me on doing my cartography on the computer...its so easy to spend 20 mins then save and go back to what I need to do outside.

@Ascension...I have no idea what you meant by "I root for the Crusaders and that's about as much as I know about that part of the world."

Keep the replies coming...not as nervous about replying to my own thread as others hahaha
    Jessica

Blog Entries

Hi Jessica, it is slightly off topic but its honest which is better than some of the spam posts we have to cull which say they are almost everything other than what they really are. I'm from the UK and you can find me on myspace as redrobes (cat with red cape !). I'll be glad to post & chat there. I dont do WoW but do play several games like Halo.

I know I'm always a bit nervous and shy when I first join a new forum. I'm still in that "new" stage right now. But everyone was new once and it's like getting to know any new group of people.

I recently came back from a trip to Australia. I lived in the Sydney area on a work visa for 4 1/2 months. It was so beautiful, and I can't wait to go back. I'd love to move there, but according to the Australian government I don't have the special skills needed to get the right visas to stay there longer. One of my best friends grew up in Adelaide and now lives in the Northern Beaches. (I've known him for over four years now.)

I'd love to chat sometime. I mostly am on AIM, but also Googlechat a bit. I also wouldn't mind chatting through PMs on this site.