Thread: April Challenge Entry - Brewmasters map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default April Challenge Entry - Brewmasters map

heya, have to enter again (obsessive? me?)... Just hope I have the time to finish it but I wanted to practise the style I tried first for the Kailon Empire map and the challenge provides the opportunity I'm trying to create a map that looks kinda realistic but has a 'surreal handmade feel' to it. I'll try to do this by using oversaturation and adding strange and out-of-scale geological features. I try to add content in a way that makes it 'interesting' to travel (e.g. huge desert with a nile-like river running through it that can be sailed up-stream).

I created a landmass, created the basis coloring to try get some kind of balance (not there yet). The landmass is slightly in perspective trying to give it a little feel of depth. Also took some mountain bumpmaps from the Kailon map, slapped them on and started to modify them and adding some other features. The border will be a hop-vine-metallic pattern (once/if I find out how to draw stylized hop vines ... Results until now attached. cheers!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BM_v1 copy..jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	23598