Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Been doing this for a while now

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I still have some of those early issues of the Dragon!... I would love to see some of those graph paper maps... Wow, this all really brings back some memories... = )

Welcome to the guild. Got a big shelf full of A-H games that haven't been played in ages. It was either an A-H game (Squad Leader) or a Metagaming (Invasion of the Air Eaters) that got me into gaming in the first place...can't remember which came first actually. Nice to have an old-timer (and a famous one at that) on the forums! We've got a couple of "old-skool" mappers on here if you look around. I imagine you'd like their stuff!
    M

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

you know something...

I am slightly concerned that a fellow such as yourself needed to wait until the second page to get any rep.

I remember reading through the Chainmail, Blackmore and Eldrich Magic books waaaay back at a Local Hobby Store (not enough gamers then to be a Game Store - lots of models, board games and balsa wood stuff too). Didn't pick them up unfortunately, but got into arguments years later about their relation to the D & D movement.

Good times, Good times.

Thanks very much for your contribution and Most Welcome to the Guild.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Professional Artist Christopher West's Avatar

Dragon and Dungeon inspired my love of maps to the point where it would become a career for me these past 10 years. Thanks for getting that ball rolling!

Blog Entries

Welcome, oh and I owe you a debt of thx for corrupting me
    I played all D&D versions from basic red cover through to current but unusually i'm feeling quite sprightly against those stats. I think it took a few years to make it over ere and we played it via an import at the start since my mates older bro was a fervent comic importer and got some interesting games and stuff on the side.
    Very cool to have you here and witness this guilds map passion !

Korash your right about the rep... ill whack a bit more on that.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

We should probably all rep him so that he has the most...he's one of the godfathers of the genre.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    We should probably all rep him so that he has the most...he's one of the godfathers of the genre.
    I'm afraid that I don't follow this "rep" reference.
    Last of the really old-timers
    Father of THE DRAGON

"Rep" is shorthand for "reputation", and is basically a numeric way of tracking how well esteemed you and/or your work is within the Guild. See that green bar at the top left of your Avitar? If you let your curser hover over it for a second it will show you your numeric rep. Also, the more green bars you have, the more highly esteemed you are. That said, welcome to the Guild Grand-Daddio of the dice! We all owe you a debt of grattitude.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 04-12-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Welcome, and thanks for the addiction, probably the best one I have ever had!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast