Thread: Lair of webs, is it doable?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lair of webs, is it doable?

Hi, im new here and totally untalanted in making maps, but i dabble with the awesome tutorials to get better (enough of the excuses and back to my questions).

I have this idea of making a cave/room with paths and "platforms" of spiderweb that my players might be able to walk upon. My first idea was to make it an ISO, but figured out that the web would look better from above since some of the paths might cross eachother visualy as they are on different heights/levels. So my plan was to sort them out with different color on each layer and then blend it from the color on layer 1 to the color on layer 2 so you can clearly see what platform is connected to what.
    Is there a work-around so i can "fill" the gradient in the web-strands (mask or something) or do i have to use the Paintbrush and check "use colors from gradient" with some length metric in it?

I'll hope you can see on the attachment what i´m after, i'll make it look more weblike and pick better colors when i got the technique. I've looked around in the forum as well to see if someone made a map like this before with "bridges" that crosses eachothers, but failed to find any.

And finally, thanks all guys and gals for making this forum what it is!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-layers..jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	268.2 KB 
ID:	23617