Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Apocalyptic Modern Street Geomorphs

Map Post Apocalyptic Modern Street Geomorphs

Greetings all. I hope I'm not posting this wrong, but I just finished a set of geomorphs for a post apocalyptic fallout style game I'm going to be running. I was inspired by Dyson Logos' dungeon geomorphs and thought something similar would be really useful for my game, so I drew 50 4" square ruined street tiles with buildings and set up some tables for building randomly generated neighborhoods along with some charts for what sort of buildings you might find and their general condition. I plan on using them along with a map of LA I drew in the style of the City of Lankhmar map with it's large blank spots that could be filled in by the DM as needed.

I drew these by hand and tried to make them each individually interesting. The streets don't match up perfectly but I'm pretty happy with the results overall. I've created a pdf with all the geomorphs and tables in it, but if you would like to use them you can also grab them from the parent directory.

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~amichael...-Geomorphs.pdf

Here's an example that I rolled up at random:

Then all the tiles together:

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~amichael...ExampleAll.png

Lastly, this is the map of LA I drew up. You can get the full size print version at the link.

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~amichael.../HellAFull.png

I hope someone else out there might find it to be of use.

You know those moments when you find exactly what your looking for this is it. TiltingWindmills I'm extremely grateful for this, and will be putting it to good use!

These are awesome! Love geomorphs, love P-A...putting the two together is brilliant! Nice work.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wait, this is from April?! How the heck did I miss a post?! I read every single thing and somehow I missed this. I must have been temporarily dead or something. This is great stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Fantastic! I had posted a request for just such a tile set on my blog (www.RisusMonkey.com) and I was directed here. I love the tiles and I hope to do something similar.

Hey that is very cool. I missed this as well. Makes you wonder what else slipped through the cracks when you were turned the other way...repped for sure!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I've been pretty busy with school and work so I haven't had a chance to do much in the way of gaming stuff, but if anybody wants to use these feel free.

What I ended up doing was generating maps for each zone, then rolling up or setting encounters with particular groups or interesting landmarks so that I didn't have to define the whole city, just areas within a few zones of the players' location. I printed them out then wrote notes on them as they were traveled through, using highlighters to sketch out zones with environmental threats like radiation, and some encounter stats for particular gangs or groups.
    Last edited by TiltingWindmills; 12-13-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Question

Great idea and really nice simple design! I'm going to use these in an upcoming Fallout PnP campaign!

Do you know if anyone has done a color version or added any textures?
    Last edited by Neheh; 03-24-2011 at 03:54 PM.

I don't know if anyone has fiddled with them at all. I wouldn't mind making a bunch more or doing some colored or textured versions myself but I'm going to school full time and working like crazy so I hardly even have time to game let alone work on pet projects. :\ If someone feels like taking a crack at them though, you're welcome to use them however you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast