Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Map WIP

Wip Campaign Map WIP

So after getting most of the elements I liked together, I decided to take a stab at the current campaign map we are playing on, this is still a work in progress, mostly just slapped on all the layers and started to paint in some things...

Anyways, any input, ideas, comments, are welcome and let me know please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#1..jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	23757  
    Last edited by Yandor; 04-13-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it's pretty good but I would tone down the texturing or patterning...kind of busy there. The lakes a muted blue color while the ocean is quite vivid...I like the muted better but that my opinion.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks Ascension for the advice, I took a stab at it all, I rather like how it all turned out, so heres a little bit more too it, not a ton but I poke at it for a few minutes here and there.

The water issue, I took a 50/50 on, made the oceans darker, and the lakes brighter, only a little, I think I may tone it down even more but the effect I like atleast.

Still any comments welcome!

Name:	#2..jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	4.70 MB 
ID:	23780  
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Another update, I haven't messed with the city inside the walls, but I added onto it... Its coming along rather nice, I worked on it for about 2 or 3 hours and lost it all due to me leaving the computer on over night and windows 7 decided to do an update and booted me out of windows... so I have to redo a lot of things but got caught up a little bit.

Anyways please comment!

Name:	#3..jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	4.68 MB 
ID:	23804  
    Projects

Well another update, the cities on the right side, and the one on the very bottom still need work. also the inner side of the walls need work still too... But it seems to be coming a long nicely, but still want to know what people think of it!!

Thanks!

Name:	#4..jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	4.74 MB 
ID:	23822  
    Projects

I like it . I especially love how you did your mountains, they look great. One thing to work on might be the forest. The colour and texture look great, but the borders look a bit too 'sharp' to me. It might look a bit more realistic if you'd try to break up the outline a bit, and maybe decrease the the shadow a bit. Trees have the habit of not stopping to grow in a staight line .

@Saule Thanks for the input, I'm still trying to find a simply way to apply what your talking about, I got a better effect around the rivers, and things inland, but its the shore line forests that are giving me issues, eh I'll keep messing with it, but thanks!

So heres another update, I keep getting a little farther each time, only problem is as I get farther I get more ideas, and it slows the work down 100% so things are slowly getting done, There is still a ton of work to do, I've got to fix the 2 cities on the right hand side, and as I keep saying need to redo the inner walled city on the left. I know there are a few other things I knew of a few minutes ago, but well can't remember now... Oh well let me know what you think!

-Yandor

***Warning*** I had to save in a .Gif the .jpg got too big =[ so the coloring and resolution got shot to heck with it being saved like that... But at least you get the idea of what I'm doing.

Name:	#1..gif 
Views:	74 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	23879  
    Projects

I like what you've done with the parchment border. Also, dig your ocean waves. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Just another small update. started to work on the inner city, and added a few more rivers, I still need to fix the forests around the new rivers...

C&C Welcome!

Just noticed the docks on the bottom image are off...

Name:	#6..jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	23986  
    Projects

Well I finished up the inner city, and working on the zoomed in pop out version, I fixed the forests, and fixed the docks.

Honestly I love how this is coming around, all I need to do is, finished the twin cities on the right side, and do their pop outs, and finish up 1 small village, on the far left, and do pop outs for that one as well. So as for the forests, mountains and all the elements of the map (besides the cities) is done.

Name:	#7..jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	23996  
    Projects

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast