Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bhindraene World Building Project

Map

The second age begins (Traeslaen) as old feuds reignite. The nations of Draekeln and Eldaeron, the former seats of the slain demi-gods Rand and Forn, the sparks which erupted into the Trine War, are now ruled by mortal kings. Yet despite the deaths of Rand and Forn, emnities continue to thrive. The War of the Three Seasons ends with Riendaln fallen, the Eldaeron king executed, and Draekeln victorious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BhinPol6..jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	975.9 KB 
ID:	23923

Name:	BhinPol7..jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	691.6 KB 
ID:	23924

I really like your map style, but I especially like the way you've treated the history of your world. Great job!

Map

Quote Originally Posted by plamadude30k View Post
    I really like your map style, but I especially like the way you've treated the history of your world. Great job!
    Thanks very much!

History still marches forward: The middle kingdoms split away from Great Tanis and form the Emerald Confederation, led by the demi-god Dorn and his three sons.

Name:	BhinPol8..jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	997.8 KB 
ID:	23934

Map

A rebellion in Draekeln births the new nation of Hemicia (1183). Riendaln is sacked once again and all of Eldaeron is annexed by Avaleign (1192). The Emerald Confederation disbands and its lands become controlled by clan chieftans and warlords, other parts are siphoned by the control of expanding neighbors such as Llaene and Grand Corim (1203-1207).

Name:	BhinPol9..jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	587.3 KB 
ID:	23992

Nice map, I really like the historical work your putting into this.

Map

Quote Originally Posted by Boslok View Post
    Nice map, I really like the historical work your putting into this.
    Thanks again.

With Eldaeron conquered, border tensions between Avaleign and Draekeln rise to provoke war once again. In a daring attempt to bring Avaleign down, Draekeln sends one army, the Sintris, north while another army, the Fahn, sails around Faldern, intending to then march south to Balin-Dran itself. Caught by ravaging sea storms takes the Fahn ships off-course, however, and they mistakenly land on shores held by Great Tanis. Heroes are born and slain amidst the conflict. The Sintris army is eradicated while the Fahn army has no choice but to surrender. Draekeln is forced to cede territory as Eldaeron is reestablished and Llaenish occupation occurs. The remaining Fahn forces, with no way home, are given mercy by the king of Great Tanis after they swear allegiance to him and are allowed to establish the territory of the Rundvelt.

Name:	BhinPol10..jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	24090

Map

War erupts between Llaene and Grand Corim and Llaenish forces are victorious at the Battle of Triendor, then begin their march toward Aviroth. Grand Corim also faces defeat from Klastian insurgents on the Klehorn Isles. In the west, Dalraissia continues its conquest of Benalia.

Name:	BhinPol11.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	600.1 KB 
ID:	24265

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice map - and a great continent shape.

For rivers, one or two look odd, but the worst offender is the one that joins three rivers in a mountain somewhat southeast of the center. Of course if this is a fantasy world you could somehow explain it, but a better solution might be to simply reroute them and start them in different places.

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Nice map - and a great continent shape.

For rivers, one or two look odd, but the worst offender is the one that joins three rivers in a mountain somewhat southeast of the center. Of course if this is a fantasy world you could somehow explain it, but a better solution might be to simply reroute them and start them in different places.
    Thanks very much. That continent is the result of a decade of slow evolution via hand drawings. I am very proud of it.

The river region you're referring to, I'm assuming, is this one?

Name:	River-Offender.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	24282

Map

Llaene's campaign into Grand Corim halted as the legions of Grand Corim counter-attacked. Llaenish forces were in disarray and internal feuds resulted in the split of the kingdom under the rule of two kings. This left Llaene vulnerable, which Draekeln pursued, reclaiming Seara (1265). Meanwhile, Grand Corim continued to lose ground on the Klehorn Isles to Klastian revolts, losing Mildaera and Inissaede. After losing vast amounts of territory on two fronts, Llaene sued for peace in 1270.

Name:	BhinPol12.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	566.7 KB 
ID:	24283

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast