Thread: How do i do this map style?

Default How do i do this map style?

I've already asked about "how do i do this map style" before, and unfortunatly the maps were made by hand, so i can't do it in the computer.

But now, i have another map style that i'm sure its not make by hand...well i think its not...ok...ok. I just wanna know if you know what program can i use to make this map style, because i don't know how to do this in PS/GIMP, if its possible make in PS/GIMP please teach me *.*

Well, if this map style is very difficult do make or nobody knows, just tell me how to the same (or almost the same) mountains style in PS/GIMP...

The map:

Thanks, and sorry if a made any english mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Counlin View Post
    But now, i have another map style that i'm sure its not make by hand...well i think its not...ok...ok. I just wanna know if you know what program can i use to make this map style, because i don't know how to do this in PS/GIMP, if its possible make in PS/GIMP please teach me *.*
    I think I could make this map with Fractal Mapper 8, CC3 or The GIMP. If one can make it with The GIMP, one doubtless also can make it with Adobe Photoshop. As for teaching you, well, you need to learn how to use your software well. If you want to do it with The GIMP, first of all work your way through the tutorials offered here for The GIMP. If you want to do it with Photoshop, my advice is the same. If you want to do it with FM8, do the NBOS tutorial available free at http://www.nbos.com and then do our project group's tutorial on raster mapping with FM8, available free at http://www.vintyri.com/vintyri/tu1.htm. If you want to do it with CC3, ask the CC3 users here for some tips to set you on the right path.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I believe it was done in Photoshop, mostly hand-drawing/painting. The original post is here. Of course this post is not a WIP thread but he might discuss it at any rate.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps