Thread: Learning CC3 and Setup

Default Learning CC3 and Setup

I was just wondering where the best resources for learning the use of CC3 are available. I have completed the tutorials for DD3 by Joe Sweeny, but i would like to learn a lot more about the sheet effects, as this is scarcely covered in those tutorials, and id like to be able to see what each of the effects do individually on objetcs, etc.

I also found a tutorial on how to create symbol catelogues which is going to be handy. How do i go about converting Dundjinni & MapTool art/icons/tokens, whatever they are called, into symbols usable in CC3/DD3?

For me, the best way to learn was to go through the CC3 User Manual (should be a link to it in your ProFantasy account) and just do everything they teach in there (without even expecting to make a map out of the exercise). By the time I was done, I knew all the basics - like the difference between sheets and layers. From then on it was just a matter of practice, experimentation and occasionally referencing the manual for tricks I forgot how to do. Also, keep asking questions here and on the ProFantasy boards.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

All I can think of, is the best way to learn the sheet effects is through the HELP files. I can't think of anywhere else beside them and the CC3 manual.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

How do I? Hmmm. That's the problem with CC3.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Hi Scarecrow84,

If you haven't done this already, install the CC3 Update 8 (available on your Profantasy registration page). Not only will this update you to the latest version of the software, but it will also install the big CC3 Users Manual PDF in your Profantasy/CC3/Documentation folder. This is the only way to get that PDF now. There's a lot of documentation on the various sheet effects in that PDF, as has already been mentioned.

I also recommend joining the CC3 Message Boards where you can learn a lot from and ask questions of other CC3 users as well as Profantasy staffers: http://forum.profantasy.com It's a great resource.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales