Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: fractal mapper 8 on sale question on it.

  1. #1
      Lord Ghee is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default fractal mapper 8 on sale question on it.

    Howdy,

    till monday morn the Drivethru Rpg store is selling FM8 on sale (It is GM day).

    http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc..._id=28465&it=1

    It is a great buy so i prob will get it but can someone answer some Question about it.

    This seems to be a lot like Autorealm (but more developed) which is the only progarm i have used, is it?

    dose it scale well
    can it overlay a hex map
    can u stamp the hexs with an object?

    can thease hex be print out to a 1" hex map scale on paper (this is the hard part

    can you over lay squares
    I hope to imort pictures for dat and generate maps for the wargame table such as improt a satilitte pic of Marango and then us that to scale out a map, could this program handle this/

    $26 dollars is fair price and seem to have adhearents here.

    But thought I will ask the pros first.

    Lord Ghee

  2. #2
      jfrazierjr is offline
    Community Leader jfrazierjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, NC USA
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    not sure if I can answer all your questions since it's been a long time since I used it.

    yes, you can set the grid size as well as type (hex horizontal, hex vertical, square) at any size you so wish.
    Not quite sure what you mean by "can u stamp the hexs with an object"

    BTW, they have a free trial on the NBOS site with everything enabled except save. Why not download the trial and play with it all day today and buy if you like it?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

  3. #3
      Lord Ghee is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Tks for the answer,

    I have to work but will try to do that today very limited time

    Lord Ghee

  4. #4
      Mark Oliva is online now
    Publisher Mark Oliva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Altershausen, Northern Bavaria
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ghee View Post
    Howdy,

    till monday morn the Drivethru Rpg store is selling FM8 on sale (It is GM day).

    http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc..._id=28465&it=1

    It is a great buy so i prob will get it but can someone answer some Question about it.

    This seems to be a lot like Autorealm (but more developed) which is the only progarm i have used, is it?
    That's one question I can't answer, because I don't know AutoRealm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ghee View Post
    dose it scale well
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ghee View Post
    can it overlay a hex map
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ghee View Post
    can u stamp the hexs with an object?
    If I understand how you mean that right, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ghee View Post
    can thease hex be print out to a 1" hex map scale on paper (this is the hard part can you over lay squares
    The 1" hex scale is OK, but as to overlaying squares: Maybe not. I never tried it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ghee View Post
    I hope to imort pictures for dat and generate maps for the wargame table such as improt a satilitte pic of Marango and then us that to scale out a map, could this program handle this/
    Again, if I understand what you want correctly, yes.

    In addition to the free trial version that Joe Frazier mentioned, you also can download the 160-page PDF manual/tutorial free at:

    http://www.nbos.com/nox/index.php?action=1001&id=125

    The manual thoroughly covers everything but raster mapping (only introduced). Later this week we'll be releasing a free, open, 200+ page PDF tutorial on raster mappiing with FM8.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

  5. #5
      Lord Ghee is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Thanks for information, I have bought 2 copies (one for a friend to try) and will be trying it out.

    Lord Ghee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •