City State of Aslem for A.R. Frost
I was approached by A.R. Frost to do a map of his City State of Aslem. I finally had some time to sit down and get some work done on it - though I think this is gonna be a long one. :)
This is the very early stages, primarily just to get the land shapes and a general idea of where things will go.
The white lines are the rough boundaries of city, the inhabitants have cut canals through the city to make travel and commerce a bit easier. The puffy white thing across the river is just a placeholder for the water fall.
Feel free to leave any C&C
Slowly I work, step by step :)
Finally had a chance to do a little more today. I'm finding if I work on it more than a couple hours at a time I lose focus.
List of changes/updates;
- Added a bit of a beach to the upper river land areas - it needed something and the beveled edge on the land in the original was to just much
- Added the large forested area to the "western" edge and some of the islands
- Redid the main city wall and added some of the towers
- Darkened the water in the 'gorge' below the falls
- Deepened the gorge a bit - I know this results in a bit of "perspective clash" but I like it so far
- Redid the falls itself - still not 100% sure I'm happy with it, but it is definitely better than the first go.
@A.R. Frost - Does Aslem have a specific architectural look, i.e. European, Middle Eastern, Far Eastern etc? I don't recall anything in the notes you provided.
As always C&C is encouraged...